2023-12-11 Reporting SIG Meeting notes









Arthur AguileraUniversity of Colorado, Boulder
Eliana LimaFenway Library Organization
x      Sharon BeltaineCornell University
Eric LuhrsLehigh University

Erin BlockUniversity of Colorado, BoulderxLisa McCollLehigh University

Kathleen Moore

Linda MillerCornell University

Shannon BurkeTexas A&M
Nassib NassarIndex Data

Suzette CanedaStanford UniversityxElena O'MalleyEmerson

Dung-Lan ChenSkidmore CollegexTod OlsonUniversity of Chicago

Lloyd ChittendenMarmotxJean PajerekCornell University

Tim DannayMount Holyoke College
Kimberly PamplinTexas A&M University 

Axel DoerrerUniversity Mainz
Scott PerryUniversity of Chicago

Shelley DoljackStanford UniversityxNatalya PikulikCornell University

Stefan DombekLeipzig University
Emily SanfordMichigan State University
xJennifer EustisU. Massachusetts Amherst / Five CollegexBob ScheierHoly Cross

Lynne ForsWellesley College
Vandana ShahCornell University

Lisa FurubottenTexas A&M
Linnea ShiehStanford University

Alissa HafeleStanford University
Susie SkowronekOakland University

Kara HartWellesley CollegeXKimberly SmithMiddle Tennessee State University
xCorrie HutchinsonIndex Data
Clare SpitzerStanford University

Jamie JesanisWellesley College
Amelia SuttonU. Massachusetts

Jeanette KalchikStanford University
Simona TabacaruTexas A&M

Harry KaplanianEbsco
Huey-Ning Tan

Stanford University

xTim KiserMichigan State University
Vitus TangStanford University

Kevin KishimotoStanford University
Irina TrapidoStanford University

Ingolf KusshbzxCatherine TuohyEmmanuel College

Alexander LaoStanford University
Patrick WaiteU. Mass Amherst

Joanne LearyCornell University
Joseph MolloySpokane Public Library

Christie ThomasUniversity of Chicago

Discussion Items




Attendance & NotesSharon

Attendance & Notes

  • Today's attendance-taker: Linda (or substitute)
  • Today's note-takers:  Team Leads for project updates

Product CouncilJennifer

2023-12-07 Product Council Meeting Agenda and Notes. On Dec. 14th the Product Council, the SIG conveners will have their quarterly meeting with the PC. All are welcome to attend. This SIG quarterly meeting will be scheduled at different times to accommodate different time zones. More information on that to come. The scope of the Metadata Management SIG was discussed. MM SIG will take on the work of entity management and is creating a new working group on linked data.



Impacts of New Fields and Features

  • Are there any new fields or features we should know about from any of the functional areas that may impact reporting?
    • New
    • From Recent Meetings
      • We will be getting new data fields for the Open Access app - more details coming
      • Timezone format is not consistent across the tables in FOLIO, which impacts LDP and Metadb
        • Nassib confirmed that he does not change timezone settings as part of the ETL with the LDP/Metadb software, so whatever is in FOLIO is what we get in LDP/Metadb
        • RFC-3339 sitting with TC about always representing times as an ISO date format https://github.com/folio-org/rfcs/pull/13
      • Invoices will have a fiscal year assigned. You will be able to process an invoice in a past fiscal year (with Poppy) and in a future fiscal year (after Poppy)
      • There is a proposal to deprecate the donor field in the POL and replace it with an Organization type of donor in Quesnelia.  This will also be linked to inventory in a future release as well.
      • (Jennifer Eustis) from MM: proposal for a new field for item source (New field in the item record: Source ID - Functional analysis)
      • (Stefan Dombek) feature with Orchid: in the module audit, we have logs for orders and order lines and snapshot for create, edit, and delete records (unfortunately not for fiscal year rollover, just create/edit/delete; need to know the date of your FYO and then report based on that) ( UXPROD-3215 - Getting issue details... STATUS )
      • (Jennifer Eustis) request for more helpful info when there are duplicate UUIDs during data import ( MDEXP-625 - Getting issue details... STATUS )

FOLIO Analytics Update

  • FOLIO Analytics 1.7 for Poppy was released, but there is a delay in the release for FOLIO Poppy
  • institutions may want to wait until FOLIO Poppy is released to implement FOLIO Analytics 1.7

Metadb Update

  • see important bug announcement for Metadb
  • https://github.com/metadb-project/metadb/issues/58
  • from Nassib: It is recommend that users not rely on transformed tables that are generated from any table containing more than one jsonb column. The most likely fix for this bug in the short term is that such transformed tables will be removed.
  • (from Tod) There should be a way to interrogate the Postgresql schemata to find out which tables have more than one JSONB column
    • can use the `information_schema.columns` view
  • Only one table known so far re: #58: folio_entities_links.instance_authority_linking_rule

Upcoming meeting topics (tentative)

  • Reporting Documentation Update for Poppy (January) 
  • Metadb version 1.2 release overview (February)

Any new members?

  • Welcome/introductions

How to find our latest recordings

SIG Recruitment

We will need to be recruiting for a variety of roles in the coming months. Please consider whether you would be interested. Reach out to Scott Perry  or Sharon Beltaine with any questions.

  • Representative for the Documentation Working Group
  • Query developers - possibly from Index Data?
  • FOLIO Analytics Review Board 

Review of Goals for Reporting SIG

Sharon, Scott

For this meeting, the Reporting SIG will review past goals for 2023 and build future goals for 2024.

We look forward to your ideas and reflections!

See these planning guides for more information:

Recurring Items (Updated weekly, but not always discussed in meeting)

Review of In-Progress Projects (Recurring)
Review the release notes for FOLIO Analytics, LDP, LDLite, LDP Reporting App, ldpmarc, Metadb Projects (Recurring)
Updates and Query Demonstrations from Various Reporting Related Groups and Efforts Projects (Recurring)Community & Coordination, Reporting Subgroup Leads

Project updates

Reporting development is using small subgroups to address priorities and complete work on report queries.  Each week, these groups will share reports/queries with the Reporting SIG.  Reporting development team leads are encouraged to enter a summary of their work group activities below.

MM/RA/UM Working Group

ERM Working Group

  • Current topic
    • Reporting for the FOLIO App Open Access and Agreements+external KBs
  • Meetings are bi-weekly on tuesdays 11am ET alternating with ACQ Working Group

ACQ Working Group

Reporting SIG Documentation Subgroup

  • Orchid documentation is live on https://docs.folio.org/docs/
  • Poppy documentation is in development
  • Additional Context
    • The Reporting SIG has representation on the Documentation Working Group, which is building end-user documentation for https://docs.folio.org/docs/ (mostly linking to existing documentation over on GitHub)

D-A-CH Working Group (D-Reporting)

  • Ongoing topics
    • Onboarding training
    • DBS statistics
      • JIRA-Issues, Rpt-Clusters
      • Gap analysis to statistic codes, user counts etc.
      • Identifying functions that we need for statistics in Germany but are not yet implemented in FOLIO
  • Meetings
    • Next meeting will be at 20th, Nov
    • Contact Stefan Dombek if you would like to get a calendar invitation

Product Council

For all recent work on FOLIO Reporting SQL development: