2021-06-14 Capacity Planning Meeting




Khalilah GambrellX
Mike GorrellX
Harry KaplanianX
Holly MistlebauerX
Jakub SkoczenX
Mark Veksler

Guests: Magda, Oleksii P.

Discussion items





30 minutes maximum

Approvals for R1 2021 Hot Fixes

User can not be updated in bulk update after record has been modified in UI ( MODUIMP-50 - Getting issue details... STATUS

SIP2-95 - Getting issue details... STATUS - already approved.

MODCPCT-48 - Getting issue details... STATUS  

Questions to answer:

  1. What is issue?
  2. How many people are impacted?
  3. What is effort to fix it?
  4. What will it take to test the fix?

NOTE: Ann-Marie Breaux (Deactivated)is on vacation today. Please review the orange and red sections of the Folijet Iris Hotfix board: https://folio-org.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=11810

as well as the video I've attached to these notes. (Click the paper clip at the top of the page, next to the "1 Jira link" message)

patty.wanninger missed the meeting.

Magda Zacharska had her fixes approved already.

Khalilah Gambrell got her fix approved.

Ann-Marie Breaux (Deactivated) has her fixes that were ready for CPT approved.

5 - 10 minutesStatus updateOleksii Petrenkohttps://folio-org.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=11819
10 minutesFinish discussion of Optimistic Locking that was start at June 7 meeting

Next steps:

  1. Need to define UX for Conflict Detection Messaging  
    1. Verify expected outcomes 
  2. Kiwi E2E Testing - Inventory app application of Optimistic locking
  3. Backend development for messaging localization 
  4. Applicable teams may implement the following stories: 
    1. [Backend development] Implement: prevent conflict once detected. Enable "failOnConflict"   | https://folio-org.atlassian.net/browse/FOLIO-3200
    2. [Frontend development] Implement: prevent conflict once detected. Enable "failOnConflict" | https://folio-org.atlassian.net/browse/FOLIO-3201

NOTE: This implementation does not address conflict resolution, only conflict prevention.

Holly's reduction to 50% on FOLIO effective August 1, 2021Holly MistlebauerCurrently OLE pays for 50% of my time and Cornell donates 30%, for a total of 80% on FOLIO.  My OLE contract is up on June 30, 2021, and it appears that it will not be renewed.  Cornell has agreed to donate 50% of my time to continue on FOLIO, but aren't in a position to donate the full 80%.  I will not be able to keep all of my current responsibilities at 50%, so I will need to give up some things.  I want to determine what the project needs me for most, with help from this group.

Discuss use of JIRA Issue Type "Bug"Holly Mistlebauer

Issues related to what we define as a "bug"...

  • Historically, I have created bugs in situations where I (as PO) made a mistake in a user story by overlooking something or stating something incorrectly.  I believe the the PO is part of the dev team, so POs are the cause of bugs too. 
  • The devs don't want PO bugs to count against them because they are "graded" based on the number of bugs they have. 
  • POs need these to be bugs because only a bug can be part of a bugfix/hotfix release. 

This issue was discussed ages ago, along with the possibility of making a new JIRA Issue Type for PO bugs.  I'm not sure that is the answer.  Perhaps we need to stop "grading" the teams on bugs?  We have situations where the dev team that caused the bug is not the dev team that fixes the problem.  This also counts "against" the dev team that fixes the bug.

See Cate's document