Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.



Discussion items

1 minScribeAll

Jenn Colt is next followed by Florian Gleixner Craig McNally will take notes today.

1 minTCR Board Review


Previous Notes from  

Jira Legacy
serverSystem JiraJIRA
- There has been no activity or interest in this task for some time now. TC agreed to close the issue.

We should evaluate the module even if TC sees issues from architecture standpoint. Maybe we need to optimize TCR process?

We can evaluate them but these modules are based on some very important architectural changes (fundamental change) to how Stripes / UI works. It actually affects all UI components (because it's about interception for translation capabilities).

Zak Burke will provide a written summary to be included in the TCR explaining why we're closing this and next steps.  We will not close the TCR until that has been done.


  • Targeting  
5 minCC / PC Updates

Any updates from the PC and/or CC?




  • Skipped this due to low attendance
10 min

Technical Council Sub Groups Updates



  • Skipped this due to low attendance
5-10 minRFCsAll
    • Plan for communication of this RFC to the rest of the community?
      • Yes!  a new slack channel was created: #public-review-rfc-kafka-partitions
      • Posted a message to the new channel
      • Posted in #folio-general + #development too
      • So far, no new feedback has been given
    • Can we wrap up the subgroup now?
    • Reviewed ln Monday.  Please leave feedback as comments in the PR above.
1 minTechnical Goals & Objectives

Goal: wrap up this effort/working group.

What needs to happen to get us there?

Tod Olson - All we need is votes whether to accept the documentation. Asked people to read on and give their votes. 


  • "Periodically revise" → how often?  1-2x? per year?  Quarterly? 
  • Jeremy Huff raised a concern over the list including things which aren't very clear.  "feels like we're signing a blank check"
  • Marc Johnson provided the history of this effort, and clarified that we don't have a good way to prioritize these things
  • Jenn Colt maybe we could accept this as-is, but immediately start a group to go through the list and capture the status of each item.  Also note that the charter revisions mention this type of planning/vision work.
  • Do we really want to start another subgroup?  How do we prevent that group from falling into the same trap (working on this for ever)?
  • Voted to accept the document in it's current form and start a conversation about next steps, e.g. how to use this document.


  • Deferred discussion on next steps for now since Tod and several others aren't here today.
10-15 minAWS Hosting Costs Update

Update from Mark Veksler :

Two env will be shut down.

folio-perf-firebird was destroyed on Thursday (2nd March).

The team is preparing to terminate folio-perf-bulk-edit as well, but there are still some tasks that need to be completed before they can do it.

Specifically, they need to fix some issues related to handling bad data in Bulk edit (Firebird) and memory leaks in Acquisitions (Thunderjet).

The PTF team is currently working on improving the bulk edit performance, and once they complete all the necessary actions, the second environment will be destroyed.

Thoughts about pulling the cost control team together and the next steps?


  • Skipped this due to low attendance
10 minOnboarding DocsAll

Reminder on our calendar to review and update onboarding documentation.  How shall we proceed?


  • Skipped this due to low attendance
1 minUpcoming meetings
  • TC dedicated discussion:   11:00 AM ET
  • Tri-Council meeting:   9:30 - 11:00 AM ET
    • Agenda:  2023-04-13 Tri-Council Meeting (WIP)
    • We need to pull together an update for the other councils (what we've been doing since last Tri-council meeting in January)

Topic Backlog

Terminology DocumentAll


The chairs have gone through a round of review/discussion.

Next we bring this to the three councils for review/discussion.

If we can get approval from each of the councils, great.  If not, we may need to iterate.

  • Discuss if we think adjustments should be made to TC qualifications
  • Discuss how to avoid the situation where we may not have enough candidates to fill all seats
    • Reach out to those you think would be a good fit ?
    • If you're term is ending, will you be re-running?  If not, are there others are your organization who might be qualified & interested?
  • Broader discussions about FOLIO governance is out of scope for this topic. 
    • Several ideas were recently discussed at the CC, but AFAIK there are no governance changes planned at this time.