Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

Item

Who

Notes

Attendance & NotesSharon

Attendance & Notes

  • Today's attendance-taker: Linda (or substitute)
  • Today's note-takers:  Team Leads for project updates

Announcements /
Reminders

Sharon

Reminder: Join our Review Board

  • Great way to start learning to run LDP1 and Metadb queries, get comfortable with GitHub
  • No experience required! We will offer training.
  • We'd like to hear back by February 2.
  • Contact Sharon Beltaine or Angela Zoss (Old) if you have questions or would like to volunteer


Homework: Reporting SIG member survey

Sharon and Angela would love to hear things we could do to improve your experience of the SIG. This survey is your chance to give us feedback! Please do take the survey, even if you are only somewhat active with the SIG. We would like responses by Friday, January 27.


Update on 2023 Goals:

  • Goals for 2023
  • After our Jan 5 meeting to discuss goals, we also discussed them on Monday, Jan 9
  • Overall there was agreement, but in the Monday meeting we added some rough categories to summarize the main areas for our goals
  • Many goals fall on the development teams, so please do consider joining a development team if you're not already active on one
  • Largely hoping to complete our in-progress projects, but a few additional priorities have been outlined


Any new members?

  • Welcome/introductions
  • Would anyone like a buddy? Like to be a buddy?


How to find our latest recordings


(Always) Recruiting New Query Developers

  • The Reporting SIG is always on the look-out for new query developers. Please let us know if you are interested in doing query development or if there are others at your institution who might be a good fit.


Derived Table Documentation ProjectAxel, Stefan

Feedback on derived table documentation project

This summary from the project team gives some information about the state of the project and asks for feedback on two questions. We will have a discussion on these questions during today's Reporting SIG meeting. Please review the document in advance. If you won’t be attending the Jan 23 meeting, feel free to share feedback in advance (via Slack, email, or comments on the document).

  • they have prepared a python script to get information about the derived table
  • for columns where you can create multiple columns, do we need to say that we can 
  • what information do we think would be helpful for each derived table
  • Attributes:
    • attribute, type, and notes columns can be created automatically, the rest would need to be done manually
    • source-schema, source-table, and source attribut columns would be good to add
    • FOLIO schema parser has been helpful for institutions; this documents the non-derived tables
    • Would be good to have a key for what the columns mean 
    • Should explain what happens to the values that aren't strictly boolean
    • some ids are uuid but because of FOLIO data errors, it needs to be a varchar
    • It makes more sense to have the notes column be automated and tighten up our comments on the derived table win-win
  • Boolean Type
  • The output is HTML. The script produces it, then you edit it.
  • Is there a way to store the data in a yml file so we can keep reusing the manual information each time
  • We need to maintain this information for every release. Is that realistic?
  • We may need 2 scripts: one to create the first CSV file with information from postgres, and a second one with updates
  • Notes column is automatic and comes from the Comments in the derived table (Stefan will change "Notes" to "Comments")
  • Building the diagram would be an entirely manual process. We will probably take this part on later.)
  • Where should this documentation live?
    • The documentation needs to be on an external web site because it includes the HTML files (need to discuss with Nassib)
    • Might be helpful to maintain the HTML on Github, but you would have to make a separate connection to display them in HTML
    • we could also link to this on the FOLIO Analytics page of FOLIO Docs too
    • Should the pages be integrated into the LDP Reporting App, with a link to an external website? Sounds good
    • There is a github plug-in to show the Mermaid code
  • Next Steps
    • Stefan will prepare a update for end of February 


Review of In-Progress Projects (Recurring)
Review the release notes for FOLIO Analytics, LDP1, LDLite, LDP Reporting App, ldpmarc, Metadb Projects (Recurring)
Updates and Query Demonstrations from Various Reporting Related Groups and Efforts Projects (Recurring)Community & Coordination, Reporting Subgroup Leads

Project updates

Reporting development is using small subgroups to address priorities and complete work on report queries.  Each week, these groups will share reports/queries with the Reporting SIG.  Reporting development team leads are encouraged to enter a summary of their work group activities below.


New Subgroup from Germany Forming


RA/UM Working Group


MM Working Group

  • Meetings are 1st Tuesday of the month, 12-1pm ET via zoom using the usual FOLIO password. Our lab sessions are open to everyone. Please bring your questions, examples, and comments about reporting and metadata. MM notes
  • We will be working on the MM Data Model for folio. We are using as a template the slides created by the RA/UM group.


ERM Working Group


ACQ Working Group


Reporting SIG Documentation Subgroup

  • Morning Glory documentation is live on https://docs.folio.org/docs/
  • Nolana documentation is in review
  • Orchid documentation will be in progress soon, and plans are underway to include beta-level documentation for Metadb
  • Additional Context
    • The Reporting SIG has representation on the Documentation Working Group, which is building end-user documentation for https://docs.folio.org/docs/ (mostly linking to existing documentation over on GitHub)


External Statistics Working Group

  • no updates currently
  • new organizational/tracking scheme for JIRA, with pointers to queries in folio-analytics repository
  • New organizational structure for External Statistics reports
    • external statistics reports (e.g., ACRL) typically require running queries from different functional reporting areas
    • these reports will be captured in JIRA under one UXPROD-XXXX report cluster issue, then the descriptions will point to each of the queries required to run them on the folio-analytics repository
    • institutions will need to rank each of these 8 new UXPROD-XXXX report cluster issues
    • each reporting development team will take responsibility for the queries in their area for the external statistics clusters


Product Council


For all recent work on FOLIO Reporting SQL development:


Topics for Future MeetingsAll
  • Feb 2 (tentative): Review Board Training
    • Identify a pull request that needs a review
    • Assign yourself to review a pull request
    • Reviewing a pull request using the check list
    • Communicating with a PR submitter
    • Differences between LDP1 and Metadb queries to look out for
  • Feb 13: review LDP1 Hosting Tips document
  • Exploring new recruitment/onboarding strategies (e.g., buddy system)
  • More work on asynchronous collaboration, how to engage in discussions and question answering more broadly
    • consider connecting discuss.folio.org with a Slack channel, to make sure any forum topics get highlighted on Slack as well?
  • Open question: should we update FOLIO LDP1-based Reporting First Implementers Grid
  • Cleaning up our wiki pages
  • talk about preparation for Metadb: do institutions have questions? is there anything we should be working on to try to support them?


Review and update Topics for Future Reporting SIG Meetings 





  •  A test Action Item (Ingolf)

...