Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.





Attendance & NotesAngela

Attendance & Notes

  • Today's attendance-taker: Linda (or substitute)
  • Today's note-takers:  Team Leads for project updates

Announcements /


Announcement about Item State Architecture working group:

From Erin Nettifee:

Hi all - I am spinning up a small group to work on requirements for two features - https://issuesfolio-org.folioatlassian.orgnet/browse/UXPROD-1530 and https://issuesfolio-org.folioatlassian.orgnet/browse/UXPROD-1590 - meant to establish the other two parts of the item state architecture.

I want to be clear that I am not taking over as the item state PO - I don't have the bandwidth to do that permanently, and I really only have capacity for the next 3-5 months to do more PO work - if a more permanent PO steps forward, I will gladly hand this over. I also want to be clear that there is no development team for this work, so all we are doing is working on requirements, and we have no guarantee as to when development might happen. But there are very few requirements for either jira right now, so no matter what hopefully we can make it so that when resources do appear they don't have to start the work from scratch.

The commitment is likely to be something like a bi-weekly meeting plus additional ad-hoc work depending on the topic, for a limited period of time (the next 3-5 months.)

Feature Freeze Coming Up For FOLIO Analytics

  • Finishing up query work for Nolana by November 7
  • Release date: December 12

How to find our latest recordings

(Always) Recruiting New Query Developers

  • The Reporting SIG is always on the look-out for new query developers. Please let us know if you are interested in doing query development or if there are others at your institution who might be a good fit.

Follow-up on SysOps conversation about LDP Hosting
  • Notes from meeting, recording
  • Angela's Notes (in SIG meeting from 10/24)
  • SIG Discussion 
    • Idea: SIG could help compile information into a Tips and Tricks for Hosting LDP1 wiki page?
      • could be written for people who are not super technical, as opposed to the actual software documentation
Review of In-Progress Projects
General questions about how to onboard with SIG and LDP
  • Various suggestions and demonstrations (see recording for details)
Updates and Query Demonstrations from Various Reporting Related Groups and EffortsCommunity & Coordination, Reporting Subgroup Leads

Project updates

Reporting development is using small subgroups to address priorities and complete work on report queries.  Each week, these groups will share reports/queries with the Reporting SIG.  Reporting development team leads are encouraged to enter a summary of their work group activities below.

RA/UM Working Group

MM Working Group

  • Meetings are 1st Tuesday of the month, 12-1pm ET via zoom using the usual FOLIO password. Our lab sessions are open to everyone. Please bring your questions, examples, and comments about reporting and metadata.
  • We are still looking for reviewers and testers for ldpmarc.
  • We have moved our Slack channel to the LDP Slack Workspace.

ERM Working Group

  • FOLIO Data Model Training (in progress)
  • ERM Query Development Status
  • Coming soon: Open Access
    • Report requests are being collected in the OA SIG Link
    • The test environment from the SIG Reporting will get the app OA
    • Test data will imported
  • Meetings are bi-weekly on tuesdays 11am ET alternating with RM Working Group
    • Next meeting will be at 25th8th, OctNov
    • Contact Stefan Dombek if you would like to get a calendar invitation

RM Working Group

Reporting SIG Documentation Subgroup

  • Lotus documentation is live on
  • Morning Glory documentation is complete and submitted
  • Nolana documentation will be in progress soon
  • Additional Context
    • The Reporting SIG has representation on the Documentation Working Group, which is building end-user documentation for (mostly linking to existing documentation over on GitHub)

External Statistics Working Group

  • no updates currently
  • new organizational/tracking scheme for JIRA, with pointers to queries in folio-analytics repository
  • New organizational structure for External Statistics reports
    • external statistics reports (e.g., ACRL) typically require running queries from different functional reporting areas
    • these reports will be captured in JIRA under one UXPROD-XXXX report cluster issue, then the descriptions will point to each of the queries required to run them on the folio-analytics repository
    • institutions will need to rank each of these 8 new UXPROD-XXXX report cluster issues
    • each reporting development team will take responsibility for the queries in their area for the external statistics clusters

Product Council

For all recent work on FOLIO Reporting SQL development:

Topics for Future MeetingsAll
  • How to deal with External Stats reports?
    • maybe subteam leads check in about that
    • probably wait until after Metadb conversion is more complete
  • ask for presenters: hosting experiences from implementers
  • Annual Reporting Goals
    • (in progress) Support the transition from LDP to Metadb (e.g., update derived table and report queries, update documentation, outreach, new training)
    • (ready to start) Developing training/onboarding for new SIG members/report users (esp. FOLIO-specific data model and transformation stuff)
    • Improve communication between SIG and developers of apps so we hear about data model changes in advance
    • continued advocacy on part of the SIG to governance groups
    • (ready to start) Review JIRA issues, clean up, revisit strategy for JIRA
  • Regular review of Milestones
  • Exploring new recruitment/onboarding strategies (e.g., buddy system)
  • Demo latest version of LDP app, any new features?
  • Training: Using APIs
  • More work on asynchronous collaboration, how to engage in discussions and question answering more broadly
    • consider connecting with a Slack channel, to make sure any forum topics get highlighted on Slack as well?
  • Open question: should we update FOLIO LDPLDP1-based Reporting First Implementers Grid

Review and update Topics for Future Reporting SIG Meetings 

  •  A test Action Item (Ingolf)